Get Out The VOTE (GOTV) Gets Wheels in 2020
Please join us on the trail at Senate District 53’s Get-Out-The-Vote Car Caravan to jumpstart our early vote push for DFL voters in Senate District 53.
Who? Anyone who wants to have a great time supporting the Get-Out-The-Vote effort and our endorsed candidates.
Where? We’ll start Brookview Elementary in the north parking lot off of Brookview Rd. Then we’ll head on a pre-planned route across the Senate District. We’ll have printouts of the route as well as a google link we’ll share in advance.
Timing: Please arrive by 1:30 if you have things to still put on your car in the lot or by 1:40 if you are ready to go so we can get all the cars lined up in the parking lot. At 2:00 the candidates will kick us off with a few words and we’ll head out on our drive (estimated driving time 45-60 min).
What to bring?
- Your own vehicle(s). If you have more than 1 driver, feel free to bring more vehicles to include in the caravan. The longer the caravan, the better!
- Feel free to decorate your car in advance or bring the materials you’d like to use (ex streamers, pre-made signs, balloons, glass/auto markers).
- Please keep messaging focused on Getting Out the Vote messages and/or the locally DFL endorsed/supported candidates (you can see a full list on sd53.org).
- Where possible use BLUE. Be as creative as you’d like but please keep all messaging positive (no negative messaging against opponents please).
- If you have a passenger who will be riding with you, it can be fun to have something in hand to wave (ex a small sign about voting)
Social Distancing? This will be a social distancing event inherently with everyone in their own cars. During prep we will keep socially distanced but please also wear a mask when you’re outside your car.
Guidelines: Please make safety your top priority and follow all traffic laws, stop signs, stop lights, etc. We will have several point people in communication so that we can coordinate as needed if the caravan is disconnected. Have fun and please be positive and courteous at all times.
What if it storms? In the event that weather is not looking good Senate District 53 event coordinators will make the call whether to fall back to the rain date which will be Sunday, 9/13 at the same time of 1:30.
Questions? Event logistics are being coordinated by Senate District 53. Please contact them at email@example.com.